Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sad

I was all excited about President Obama's Internet Townhall today until I read Twitter and found out that Alabamapink had passed away.
Amanda was someone I did not know IRL, we did not even have an on-line "relationship", but I felt like I knew her because I have read her comments on Pajiba for a few years now and was following her treatment for leukemia on her blog.
She faced her diagnosis and treatments with a fierce determination, strength and humor I admired....in many ways she reminded me of my friend Peggy who also died of cancer at such a young age.
Such brave women.
They are my heroes.

(And may I say that it is with no small amount of anger that I note the number of asshats like Dick Chaney/Karl Rove/Roger Ayles/Glen Beck who are still alive while she is gone.)

Amanda is survived by her husband and 3 year old son, family and friends and a whole on-line community that will not soon forget her.

Requiescat in Pace




I will also note that once again the President has made the weed lovers sad by saying he will not be legalizing pot as a way to help the economy. He also inferred that those of us who voted the question up might be high.
Ya think?
What about industrial hemp though?

No comments: