Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wicked Twilight


I finished Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West the other night and I can't remember when I have been so pleasantly surprised by a book as I was by Wicked.
The novel is a re-imagining of the story of OZ Gregory Maguire from the point of view of Elphaba, the witch we all remember from Wizard of OZ.
It really was a hell of a good read and once I started reading it it was hard to put down.
I've never been every good at explaining why I do or do not like a book, I just know when I do and I really loved this book and the discussion it raises on the nature of good and evil.
I am beginning a re-read tonight and am adding the next book Son of a Witch to my queue on Paperspine.

I would love to see this as a movie, not as the musical, just a screenplay based on the book. I would probably enjoy it.
And not in the way I enjoyed the movie Twilight.

We watched Twilight last night and lordy it sucked...but sucked in that awesome way that makes you laugh and enjoy the film in spite of yourself.

No comments: