Monday, March 09, 2009

My Robot Husband


Via Bob Cesca:

At a Marriage Rally in North Carolina:
David Gibbs III, a lawyer who in 2005 fought to keep brain-damaged Terri Schiavo on life support, told rally participants gay marriage would "open the door to unusual marriage in North Carolina.

"Why not polygamy, or three or four spouses?" Gibbs asked. "Maybe people will want to marry their pets or robots."

ROBOTS!!!!! They want to marry your wymins!

(See it is not just Fundies in Arkansas who are nuts)

How awesome would it be if you could marry a robot?
Or your Dog for that matter.
My husband has yet to meet me at the door when I come home whining and wagging his tail, so glad to see me that he just about jumps though the glass.

As it is I could give a shit who marries who/what. Marry a couch if it pleases you, but once you do you can't throw it in the burn pile after it is worn out or send it too the dump.

and how awesome is it that one can find a picture from the 1930's of a robot wedding? Who knew that in the 30's women were already choosing robots over actual men for spouses. Americans were sooooo decadent in the 20's and early 30's.



1 comment:

The Dusty Dog Vintage Boutique said...

Hi Julie!

Bob Cesca is my hubby! Small world, isn't it? :o)

Thank so much for the link to my blog. I linked to yours as well. Keep up the great work here!

xoxo
Tara