Thursday, April 03, 2008

You Can't Save Them All, Part 2


UPDATE: Go Here!

As I have said before one of the hardest parts of selling and collecting vintage clothing is knowing that there are just some garments that cannot be saved. This vintage 50's Lilli Diamond wiggle dress and swing coat is one such item.



How fabulous is this?

I bought this knowing I cannot save it. There is a red dye transfer stain on both the dress and swing coat. So sad.

I'll be keeping this for my own personal collection of fab but flawed vintage designer garments.

3 comments:

Dandelion Vintage said...

That's tragic! I hate dye transfer, I've never had luck getting it out. I come across slips that have it. It's still a great display/collection piece though.

PhantomMinuet said...

It is a beautiful thing, though. You could try displaying it on a mannequin as textile art. I went on a home tour once where the owner had done that very thing with her wedding dress in her guest bedroom. She painted the room lilac and used white linens on the bed, and the combination was stunning.

Miss Janey said...

Dang. Miss J assumed it could be dyed...