One year later he is like "no, I was worried because your CALCIUM level was high in the blood test, your cholesterol is fine".
So we redid the blood test and HE called me this morning to tell me that he was making an appointment for a nuclear thing to see if I have Parathyroid Disease. It involves the parathyroids (who knew we had these? raise your hand) and a tumor.
Not cancer...he kept telling me not to worry about cancer.
Once they know for sure they will go in and remove the parathyroid in what seem to be a pretty easy and fast procedure.
I hope I have this.
Because the symptoms read like a who's who of what has been fucking wrong with me for years :
- Confusion, foggy thinking
- Muscle cramps. A tingling sensation in the hands and feet.
- Loss of energy, always tired
- Trouble sleeping, waking up at night.
- Feeling bad, but not able to say the reason
- Loss of interest in activities, inability to concentrate
- Changes in personality, more irritable or cranky
- Bone pain, especially in the legs
- Heartburn (GERD)
- Decreased sex drive
- Frequent headaches
- Thinning hair
- Heart palpitations (arrhythmias), high blood pressure
(of course I could just be going though menopause)