Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving, LOLs and Creepy


Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

I've been out of pocket for a bit, but I'm back.

This has been the week from hell.
My parents came to town.
No really, I love my parents, it is just that we live with 3 dogs and 3 cats and, well...I'm not the most motivated homemaker so the place needed to be CLEANED.
Really, really cleaned.
And the dogs were the worst.
They had baths....it wore me out....there is a reason we do not do that often.

So I did all house cleaning and then I set to shampooing my carpets.
Which is one of those "I bet this is one of the many demonic Basement Cat punishments in Hell" chores I avoid.
Got them done, went to bed and woke up to some heinous dog diarrhea all over the fucking place.

sigh

Since I have the need to do the picture perfect holiday (yes me of all people) I also made the batshit crazy decision to DECORATE FOR CHRISTMAS.
I know, nuts.

But all is now pretty.
I've got NOEL poodles (post about them later this week) on my 60's Danish Modern buffet along with the creepy Santa head (that at the moment The Teen has hidden away because he says the eyes follow you) and my most awesome tree is up.
The great aqua Santa tablecloth (paid way less then that) is on the kitchen table with a little silver tree and I baked 2 pies till 2 AM this morning.

Apple and this Paula Dean pumpkin pie.
Delish
Almost time to put the turkey breasts in, I've used this Sandra Lee recipe for a couple of years for both Baked chickens and turkey and it always comes out great.




There will also be rolls, mashed taters, dressing, green bean casserole (double the Durkee onions), corn and raspberry cranberry jello stuff.
Official name is Festive Cranberry-Pineapple Salad, but I normally leave out the nuts.
Yum.


Yes, that is one freakycreepy "boy riding turkey picture" up there.

1 comment:

What-I-Found said...

That's it! Next year I'm coming to your house!