Sunday, September 06, 2009

New Purse


When I was in high school 79' to 81' (we are great, we are fun, we're the class of 81'....cheeeeesy I know) my BFF (no long BFFs and it has been over 20 years since we spoke, but I did stalk her on the internet and find our she lives in Phoenix and is a Senior Project Manager for a huge construction company and works with Habitat for Humanity) Theresa Schultz was everything cool.
Scary smart, pretty, skinny and she had an Aigner* purse and shoes.
Dear GOD I wanted some Aigner of my own.
You need to remember that at that time among those of us with a bit of taste Aigner was ALL THAT and a slice of cheese.
It was not to be.
My mom would not spend "that kind of money" on a purse.
I'll tell you all of this because the other day I decided I was finally going to get my Aigner purse.
So I went shopping and bought one on Etsy from thecherrychic. (it looks like vintage linens and such are her thing with a lot of kitsch thrown in.)

I'm so happy.
Perfect size, super soft leather in great shape and very fast shipping.

In my quest for the perfect everyday purse I have come close, like the 80's blue leather bucket bag with gold bunnies and poodles (which is like crack to me) that I got from Dorothea's Closet, but still not right.
And I have a bunch of vintage 40's, 50's and 60's purses that I use if the spirit moves me, but i am VERY hard on purses so I try to use them sparingly so this will be a great purse for the next year or so.

*I've always thought the quality of Aigner leather to be superior to a lot of what passes for "quality" handbags these days. The prices were reasonable and are very reasonable now for a vintage one. I think for the summer I'll get one of the woven straw and leather handbags.
Though I must say that what they are putting out now, if the website is any indication, is just ass. I like the classic stuff.

No comments: