Monday, January 05, 2009

What I Did Not Get For Christmas

So I'm back.
I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year!
Mine was homey and booze full (which means I spent it at home drinking Cranberry Vodka Cocktails and watching the Dr. Who Christmas special on Youtube with my teen because the Mr. was already in bed).

I got some cool things for Christmas...unfortunately I did not get the one thing I really needed.
A crochet poodle liquor bootle cozy with googly eyes:

(yes, the nose does make it look like the Hitler of the poodle world)

Because nothing screams "I'm a CLOSET ALKIE" louder then crochet cozies for your liquor bottles.
And no, it is not for shampoo bottles as one well meaning friend suggested....the neck is too long for one thing.

Where do I find these things you must ask?
I have a friend, who will remain nameless (you know who you are), who trolls Etsy looking for creepy/cool/awesome shit to buy and then calls me and tells me to talk her out of buying the Vintage Retro Tribal Head Vase for a pen and pencil holder.
Why would I want to do that?
Not only did I tell her to buy the set, I pointed out the Kitty Cat Planter that she should also buy and then I found the Poodle Cozy of my dreams.
This is what I do for fun.

Lame.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks adorable! I'd love one of those too :) Googly eyes make everything instantly cute too.

Sue (Vintage Rescue) said...

Lame, but FUN!