Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I Love The Pope

I love his red shoes, I love his cool hats, I love that has name is actually Ratzinger, I love that he was head of the Office of the Inquisition (how cool is that?), I loved Cardianl Ratzinger so much that I have a coffe mug that says:
The Cardinal Ratzinger Fan Club "putting the smackdown on heresy since 1981."
I love bizarre "Pope Facts".




I'm a good Catholic...luckily I have a sense of humor since I just read this over at mimi smartypants:

DISAPPOINTING TESTICLE RESEARCH

I recently read a book about transgendered teenagers on the West Coast, and one of the chapters gives some superficial background on transgender history, mentioning the "Pope Joan" myth specifically. It also states as fact that Popes used to sit on an open-seated chair during their elevation while a cardinal felt around for testicles. You do not know how sad it makes me that this is probably not true. However, in the course of my fact-finding I did learn that the Camerlengo used to have to job of hitting a dead Pope in the head with a special ceremonial hammer. Which is so awesome it almost makes up for the lack of papal ball-handling.

Reading that gave me one of those "laughing without making noise" moments where you can't catch your breath and tears are running down your face.

(I guess I could have said ROTFL and LOL, but except for OMG! I really don't get into netspeak and I'm over 25.)

No comments: