Tuesday, May 14, 2013

New Orleans Pic Spam

So you got 2 blog posts and then I forgot.
Mostly because I was wiped out by the end of the day. Suffice it to say it was a wonderful trip that I will always remember.
New Orleans was a joy.
Everyone we came in contact with were friendly and helpful. The staff at the Best Western Plus French Quarter Landmark Hotel were the best. Our room was comfy and there was a nice courtyard with fountain and pool.







Every meal we had was delicious. Seriously, not a bad one in the bunch.

Stand Outs:
Eat at 900 Dumaine St. was visited twice it was so good. Crawfish Pie, Butterbeans with Shirmp, Fried Green Tomatos and Chochon with Mustard Greens. All equally good.
Tracey's a pub in the Garden District had the best Fried Shrimp Po' Boy of the trip. Also it was just a nice location with outside seating, very laid back. It was the perfect place to eat, have a few beers and talk for two hours with my friend from Baton Rouge.
Meals From the Heart in the French Market though had the dish that has stayed with me. I had the Poached Egg and Crab Cake Passion. Lawd have mercy ya'll! I can't even describe how creamy the poached egg was and how well it melded with the crab cake and remoulade sauce. Even the English Muffin was amazing. I want to go back to NOLA just to eat here.
Also hit Creole Creamery in honor of the Cumberbatch and had a scoop of lavender and honey ice cream. Amazing.




Probably the best trip I've ever had and all because I have the best Mom (and Dad) in the world.









No comments: