Friday, April 27, 2012

I Love a Man in Uniform

So I saw War Horse at Christmas.
Mostly because I wanted to see Cumberbatch (Sherlock) and Hiddleston (LOKI in Thor and Avengers) in uniforms.
It was what I expected, a good film that would have been a great film with a bit more editing.
All of the actors did a wonderful job, it is a beautifully rendered movie, but the truth is it was the best when we were watching the "war" part.
Whatever, because oh, there were some lovely men in manly uniforms
The boots and gloves the officers had were just too. die. for.






Look at those boots:

Rawr.
One more:


Which is all a way to say I thoroughly enjoyed this interview with costume designer Johanna Johnston from Clothes On Film.

Thanks to Cumberbatchweb for the heads up on the article.

No comments: