Sunday, November 06, 2011

Stop Seeing Yourself as a List of Problems....

I fucking love Caitlin Moran.
Why?
Just watch this bit from the Edinburgh Book Festival 2011.



I'm a feminist and I'm quite annoyed how the word feminist has been fucked with by the work of conservative twits.
Here's the deal, if you have a habit of making statements like this, "I'm a feminist, but..." then you are really not a feminist you just enjoy the benefits of the things feminists fought for and still fight for to this day like, I don't know, being able to buy birth control as an adult without your husband or parents permission.
The comment is like working against access to abortion, but then being relived that that option is available for yourself or your daughter or your girlfriend.

It is too bad that we can't get her new book here in the US until NEXT YEAR and there are too many great quotes to choose from, but I'll leave you with my favorite:
"If you think that some sexism might be happening the question you have to ask yourself is are the boys doing it? Are the men having to deal with this kid of bullshit?"

No comments: