Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Cookies and That Made Me Smile


Started cookie and candy making yesterday.
So far there are Jelly Drop cookies, Chocolate Dipped Orange Slices, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars and Fudge.
Today I am adding Jim Dandies and Sugar Cookie Chocolate Bars (I like bar cookies, they are so easy to make) to the mix.
(UPDATE: The Jim Dandies are awesome. I used 2 oz. semi sweet chips in place of the chocolate, added a bit of coco powder and a bit more of the cherry juice. I didn't feel like making icing so used Nutella instead, yummy. Next time I'll just chop up all the cherries in the jar.)

I also need to keep reminding myself of the things that made me smile this week since I am slowly reading The Road.
It is a spare, beautifully written book that also might be the most depressing book I've ever read and is an act of will to keep going back too.
But it also is a compelling read and the love The Man has for The Boy is lovely and redeems the overwhelming sadness that hangs over me when I've finished 20 or so pages.

So McGyver Kitty and Ninja Kitty keep me happy:



No comments: