Friday, March 09, 2007

"If you can't say Fuck you can't say FUCK the Government."
Lenny Bruce


One of my favorite lines in the movie "Christmas Story" is:
"My father worked in profanity the way some artists work in oils."

We just watched the documentary FU*K.
Loved it.
I happen to find Fuck a fascinating word. It can be used in every part of
a sentence and has many meanings based just on inflection.
I've never felt the need to look down on folks who use profanity with the
snotty "they only use it because they are to stupid to use other words".

Bollocks, those are just folks who can't think of creative ways to use profanity
and jealous of true masters of the craft.
My father, the hypocrite, was once a man who worked in profanity. Now one would
think the word fuck never crossed his lips.
Where did I learn how to properly say fuck?
From my father and my son has been passed on the glorious gift of
free speech from my husband and I.
Just don't say fuck around Grammie.
M'K?

All words in the English language are gifts to be used and protected and enjoyed,
even the ones deemed naughty. DO NOT let other's fear of words or their need to
protect their children or their over-sensitivity keep you from exercising and
PROTECTING your RIGHT (not a privilege, but RIGHT) to say "Fuck the Government."

No comments: