Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Gluten Free

Digestive issues and a wonky liver made me try going Gluten Free.
Sadly it worked.
Sadly? Well yes. I love bread and pasta in all the wrong ways. Plus I didn't want to give up cookies and cakes and bread and pasta.
GF living is expensive and adds extra annoyances to my life.
Why does everything have flour in it? Why can't I find cheap chicken strips breaded in cornmeal instead of flour?
Why the hell does soy sauce have wheat in it?
Arrrrrrggghhhh.

So enough bitching. I'm back. I'll post some of the things I've learned in the past year along with really crappy pictures the food I've made.

One thing I promise not to do is write paragraphs describing how I decided to make a particular item or how it affects my life, existential treatises on gluten-free versus Paleo and any other fucking extra extra words that I can put in just so there's more words in post. It drives me crazy when other food blogs do this and I want to punch them.

 I promise to make sure the recipe is the first thing you see.

Did I mention my pictures will be rubbish?

Also FYI over the past year the best resources I have used are King Arthur Flour recipes, the How Can It Be Gluten Free Cookbook from America's Test Kitchen, Oh She Glows website and (surprisingly) Paltrow's It's All Good.

In the process I've lost a bit of weight and my liver/intestines are happier.

As always Your Milage May Vary.


RIP Nico, The Evil Goddess Kitty.

No comments: